MSCB GROUP SCHOLARSHIP, a fund established by MSC GROUP (a Company listed on the Main Board of the Bursa Malaysia and The Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited (SGX-ST) invites scholarship applications from suitably qualified Malaysians who have successfully completed their SPM / STPM or equivalent and are planning to pursue a full time first-degree studies, inclusive of twinning programme in recognized local Public or Private universities or colleges.
Field Of Study
The MSCB scholarship are for the following disciplines :
Mineral Resources Engineering and
Minerals & Economic Geology / Geology.
1. Below 23 years of age
2. Excellent academic track record in SPM and/ or STPM ; OR
3. Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of minimum of 3.0 for Diploma / Matriculation / Foundation. studies
4. Must not be current recipients of scholarships awarded by other organizations/foundation
5. Agree to serve in MSC for a specified period upon graduation
6. Proficient in English, possess positive personality and have an outstanding extra-curricular record
7. Employees working in the mining industry or their children are encouraged to apply
The offer is subject to the applicants gaining entry/ currently enrolled in recognized local or overseas institutes of higher learning to pursue the approved courses.
The scholarships provide full academic fees, subsistence, laptop/notebook and book allowances, and for tertiary studies overseas, one return air ticket as well as paid training attachment.
Individuals who are eligible are invited to submit your particulars along with certified copies of relevant academic certificates and testimonials and a passport-sized photograph (n.r.) no later than 15 April 2011 to:
The Human Resource Department
Malaysia Smelting Corporation Berhad
B-15-11, Block B
15th Floor, Unit 11 Megan Avenue II
12 Jalan Yap Kwan Seng
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Applications forms can be downloaded from www.msmelt.com
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.